Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Hazel D'Souza (Haze, Ms. No Time)

OK Haze, before you come charging at me, let me tell you that the credit (or otherwise) for the second nickname solely goes to RJD and I have got nothing to do with it.
We first met in the summer of '99 when I had accompanied RJD to the British Library. We happened to meet again that year when I used to accompany RJD to Xavier's for his T.Y.B.Sc. admissions. At first glance, I knew that this one was different from the pack. Usually, I am not a very good judge of people but in this case, I have been proved to be spot on. What sets her apart from the rest is perhaps a solid sensibility and the ability to make use of the stuff between the ears. Her maturity would suggest an age far more than her actual one.I had read somewhere that a Taurean female is the 'salt of the earth' - a collection of qualities a man looks for in a woman but never seems to find. Well, I couldn't have got better proof of the statement. The letters she used to write to me stand testimony to that. Of late, there is almost no snail-mail communication between us but nevertheless, I will always treasure them. Nowadays, she is enjoying her first job, having completed her Psycho post-grad.

No comments: