Monday, April 24, 2006

Tasveerein...

Today, I seem to be in a total blogging mood, so I thought - why not take a break from words & play with visuals? So, coming your way are some of the pics I have taken with my cell-phone camera over the past 2 years. It's a trusty old Nokia 3660 and it has really served me quite well which is the reason I don't feel like replacing it even though shinier, more feature-laden equipment is available nowadays.OK, so here we go...

1) A temple in rural Konkan on the way to my native place.


2) The pet parrot at my mom's native place (Devgad). I went there in Dec '05 after a gap of 11 years and she still recognised me as if I had never been away... :)


3) My dad's school...(Shivaji Memorial High School,Kankavli)


4) My niece Jui, she's such a darling... :)


5) Jui again...


6) Fog kissing the hills at Lonavala (15th August 2004)


7) The hills of Lonavala again. Notice the solitary waterfall that seems to be emerging from the union of the hills and the clouds.Oh, how much I wish I had more professional equipment on hand. This place is a veritable treasure trove...


That should be it for now. Expect much more in the near future. Once I manage to get a digicam for myself, I intend to run amok with it... ;)

2 comments:

Lil Mizfit said...

my god!! ur neice is soooo adorable! may i borrow her?

lonavala is where my brother was during her naval academy days. u might have seen him...he was always getting all these horrible punishments where he had to run miles without stopping. he's the one who grins proudly when people point out his mistakes. don't know how he became an officer. damn! Indian Navy is doomed :(

Digvijay Desai said...

what a lovely place sam...
nice pictures too..
say hello to jui..she is so sweet..

the last pic is the best of all...it appears as if there is a crack in the mountain at the 1st glance..
lovely work
keep blogging!!