Sunday, October 01, 2006

I've been tagged...HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was tagged by mizfit on her blog, presumably because she had nothing better to do, which is the case most of the time ;) (Disclaimer: Just kidding...don't want to incur her wrath :D )
So, here it goes...

1.Are you happy/satisfied with your blog with it's content and look? Does your family know about your blog?
I am happy with my blog, but I would certainly not call myself satisified. As far as satisfaction goes, I feel I should be more consistent when it comes to posting.
No, my family does not know about my blog. They won't as long as they don't need to.

2.Do you feel embarrassed to let your friends know about your blog or you just consider it as a private thing?
Only a select few of my friends know about my blog. I make sure only people who would appreciate it would know about it. However once I have put something on my blog, I don't mind anybody and his dog reading & commenting.

3.Did blogs cause positive changes in your thoughts?
Not exactly...
Basically my blogs are my mind's windows to the world. So, it's a case of thoughts getting poured from the mind onto the blog rather than the other way round.
But whenever I get appreciation for my posts, it does tend to make me feel glad. :)

4.Do you only open the blogs of those who comment on your blog or you love to go and discover more by yourself?
It depends on the amount of time I have at my disposal. I first visit a set of blogs that I regularly read and then if I am free, I link-hop from one blog to another.

5.What does visitors counter mean to you? Do you care about putting it in your blog?
Absolutely nothing. I dont believe in finding solace in the number of visitors visiting my blog. Hence, my blog does not carry a visitor counter, though I had one for a few days long time back.

6.Did you try to imagine your fellow bloggers and give them real pictures?
No. This is so because whatever blogs I read, I either know them personally or have seen their pics.So, no imagination business over here.

7.Admit. Do you think there is a real benefit for blogging?
I blog because I feel the urge to express myself. If you go for money-making exercises like AdSense, you might make a few bucks, but I prefer not to. Have said that, I do believe that blogging is a very useful tool of expression and I have found myself getting more expressive and outgoing after I have started blogging.

8.Do you think that bloggers society is isolated from real world or interacts with events?
It basically varies from individual to individual, depending on the reason you blog and what you blog about. There are a few guys I read who write some excellent stuff about current issues and there are people who dwell totally in the realm of fiction. So, a blanket statement cannot be made.

9.Does criticism annoy you or do you feel it's a normal thing?
Criticism, either constructive or destructive, is always welcome. It is a sign that you are making a difference. Criticism is what keeps you on your toes and often reveals new perspectives you might have otherwise missed.

10.Do you fear some political blogs and avoid them?
I am not too much into reading political blogs, though I occasionally visit a few of them.

11.Did you get shocked by the arrest of some bloggers?
Not exactly. I understand that things don't always work they should in this country, but I was really irritated by the blog ban, which, in my opinion, was absolutely nonsensical.

12.Did you think about what will happen to your blog after you die?
Well, I would want to have it compiled into a collection and put into a time capsule, so that the world knows what a visionary walked Planet Earth once.. ;) Just kidding. I would rather that it was to be put together and passed to the next generation, so that the death of my body does not mean the death of my mind.

13.What do you like to hear? What's the song you might like to put a link to in your blog?
My musical tastes range from Hindi classics to Western Classical to instrumentals like piano/saxophone - almost anything except remixes, rap & Himesh Reshamiya.
If I had to put a link to songs (it cannot be just one song...) on my blog, they would be - Everything I Do (Bryan Adams), Words (Boyzone), The Moment (Kenny G) and Ha Khel Saawlyaancha (It's a Marathi song - amazing lyrics...)

3 comments:

Lil Mizfit said...

u wrked on the tag! i'm so glad u kept ur promise...

:)

Vinit said...

Only a select few of my friends know about my blog. I make sure only people who would appreciate it would know about it.

I am glad I'm a part of that select few !

RJD said...

I love the questions, man. They're worth some serious thought. It's kinda inspiring me to take up blogging again..

By the way, gotta figure out why am appearing as the Ocean's child here. I am...but still wondering ;)